The Masonic Hall, Westbourne House, Westbourne Close, Otley, LS21 3LG
Refreshments from 09.30
1. House announcements: signing in, fire, mobile phones, evaluation form
2. Welcome, introduction and Chairman’s Address - W Bro. Doug Mills
3. Five Year Plan to include Charity Accounts and Regular Giving Presentation by W Bro. Mike Holmes
4. Charity Stewards’ Manual & downloading forms. Presentation by W Bro. TBA
5. Communications & Website. Presentation by W Bro. David Simister
6. PGM’s Fund Grant Applications. Presentation by W Bro. Ian Wright
7. MCF Presentation by W Bro. John Rushworth
8. Charity Steward’s role from an Almoner’s Perspective and CHOICES Presentation by W Bro. TBA
9. Open Forum 10. Close 12:00 noon
As part of the Masonic Charitable Foundation annual grants to hospices nationwide, Huddersfield’s Kirkwood (£1584), Forget Me Not (£1173) and Overgate at Elland (£988) were presented with cheques by APGM Alan Elstone and Area charity chairman Gerry Dickinson.
The three hospices also received £880 each from the trustees of the former Thornhill Lodge No 1514 which handed in its Warrant last year.
Hospice representatives Debs Davies (Forget Me Not), Laura Whitham (Overgate) and Kathryn Box are pictured with, from left, John Gledhill (PCC and Thornhill), David Mann, Thornhill, Gerry Dickinson, Trevor Wilkinson (Area Two charity committee) and Alan Elstone.
Debs spoke for all three hospices when she said that donations from the Freemasons were especially welcome and always much appreciated.
“State funding provides only a small percentage of the money we need to maintain what are vital services in the community. This is why every penny counts for each of us in donations large or small.”